An acceptance letter to the Naval Academy Prep School
Perfect GPA, I ain't no fool.
Four years of serious hard work
Late night studying, crunching for grades has its perks.
I'm ready to sign off
People watching my every move, even the slightest cough.
I'm going to sign my name just right
My requirements now are all so tight.
An officer I will be
Five years from now you'll see.
The strap on my cover gold
My future is about to unfold.
Gold is the way to go
Yes, I really do think so.
I'm going to make it to the top
No one but me can make me stop.
My leadership presence made aware in any room
Simply because my gold button gloom.
Gold on my shoulder, gold on my chest
I'm making these years the best!
I like your idea. It was very clever to use "gold" and talk about your acceptance. I like how you incorporate determination in your poem. I especially like the lines "Gold on my shoulder, gold on my chest". This explains the different meanings in your achievements. Great job with the poem and congrats! :)
ReplyDeleteI like the choice of color and its relationship to success. It's also very creative that you managed to rhyme almost every line. I like the poem as a whole and how you relate it to yourself and your accomplishments. Congratulations, and good job on the poem.
ReplyDelete